Friday, August 15, 2008

Giving Dreams.

Her words crowd the streets with soft pirouettes 

and faint, blushing roses brushed up the side 

of lonely street lamps.

A reflection of everything I've abandoned.

I am selfish, but I loved her.


With reckless abandon, and a drowning heart,

all I could do was float around aimlessly,

like a message in a bottle, anonymous to hopeful

and eager. 

And all she can blame me for is that, 

I couldn't bear to stay away,


Blame the winds, sweetheart,

and destiny too. 

But I will forever love the day that I met you.


Blame the winds, sweetheart,

and destiny too,

But I will forever be sorry for the day I left you.


My old whispers filling up the ocean,

and millions of bottles float aimlessly

to ex-lovers, and always-on-my-minds,

to tell them, "I loved you". 

To tell them, "I cared".


She floats on the edge of my mind,

teetering, hesitating,

she smiles,


then she's gone.