Friday, March 14, 2008

Refuse

You ever feel trapped standing at a crossroad?
There's 4 exits and no walls closing in on you,
but your brain's shutting down.
It can't choose.
You can't choose.

"Where do I go from here?",
the question replays itself
until it's burnt into your thoughts.
When you read a word too many times
it starts to look foreign,
it starts to not make sense.
"Where do I go from here?"
replayed too many times starts to sound like
I've got nowhere to go from here
starts to sound like
I need to stay here
starts to sound like
I want to stay here.

And there you have it,
4 paths to choose from and no walls closing in.
Yet you're trapped in your own mind,
a cage smaller than any tangible one.
Until your feet's clamped down,
the question's stopped replaying
and all that's left to do
is
stay
still.

There's nowhere for me to go.